Job description – Junior Legal Advisor
FORATOM is the Brussels-based trade association for the nuclear energy industry in Europe. FORATOM acts as the voice of the European nuclear industry in energy policy discussions with EU Institutions and other key stakeholders. The membership of FORATOM is made up of 15 national nuclear associations representing nearly 3,000 firms.
FORATOM provides information and expertise on the role of nuclear energy; produce position papers, newsfeeds, responses to public consultations, analyses of public opinion; organise regular networking events like dinner debates, workshops, one-on-one meetings, press briefings and visits to nuclear facilities.
FORATOM seeks to fill the following position: Junior Legal Advisor.
- Monitoring EU initiatives in the areas of energy policy and legal aspects related to them; prepare associated summary/report;
- Developing relevant advocacy actions in those areas;
- Representing EU business interests in relevant fora;
- Managing working groups, including legal and others;
- Drafting position papers, briefings, speeches and presentations;
- Building and maintaining contacts with EU institutions (European Commission, European Parliament, Council).
- A Masters’ degree or higher in law; economic training an asset;
- A good understanding of the functioning of the EU institutions;
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in EU environmental & energy policies;
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to assimilate the various aspects of an issue rapidly;
- Ability to transform technical input into political messages and adapt to the audience;
- Ability to define and lead lobbying strategies;
- Talent in negotiation and brokering compromises reflecting the general interest of all businesses on sensitive issues;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet objectives within tight deadlines;
- Good networking skills and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. A good knowledge of French and of a third European language is an asset;
- Proficiency in IT tools (Office, Internet, social media);
- A pro-active and dynamic personality, with team spirit, multi-task, well-organised, flexible.
Please submit your application (CV and one-page cover letter) to email@example.com with the subject line “Junior Legal Advisor” by 15/04/2021.