Job description – Nuclear Technology Advisor
FORATOM is the Brussels-based trade association for the nuclear energy industry in Europe.
FORATOM acts as the voice of the European nuclear industry in energy policy discussions with EU Institutions and other key stakeholders. The membership of FORATOM is made up of 15 national nuclear associations representing more than 800 firms.
FORATOM provides information and expertise on the role of nuclear energy; producesposition papers, newsfeeds, responses to public consultations, analyses of public opinion; organises regular networking events such as dinner debates, workshops, one-on-one meetings, press briefings and visits to nuclear facilities.
- Monitoring EU initiatives in the areas of R&D and technology and innovation.
- Producing regular reports; identifying events which are important for the nuclear industry;
- Managing working groups, including Innovation and R&D and contribution /participation to other nuclear technology WGs (supply chain, waste & decommissioning, etc.)
- Drafting position papers, briefings, speeches and presentations;
- Building and maintaining contacts with EU institutions (Commission, European Parliament, Council)
- Master’s degree in technical science and / or graduated engineer. Some knowledge / background on nuclear technology would be an asset
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to assimilate the various aspects of an issue rapidly;
- Ability to transform technical input into political messages and adapt to the audience;
- Talent in negotiation and brokering compromises reflecting the general interest of all businesses on sensitive issues;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet objectives within tight deadlines;
- Good networking and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. A good knowledge of a second European language is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of IT tools (Office, Internet, social media);
- A pro-active and dynamic personality, with team spirit, multitask, well-organised, flexible.
Please submit your application (CV and one-page cover letter) to email@example.com with the subject line “Nuclear Technology Advisor”.