Join our team
Job description – Junior Legal & Policy Advisor
FORATOM is the Brussels-based trade association for the nuclear energy industry in Europe. FORATOM acts as the voice of the European nuclear industry in energy policy discussions with EU Institutions and other key stakeholders. The membership of FORATOM is made up of 15 national nuclear associations representing more than 800 firms.
FORATOM provides information and expertise on the role of nuclear energy; produces position papers, newsfeeds, responses to public consultations, analyses of public opinion; organises regular networking events such as dinner debates, workshops, one-on-one meetings, press briefings and visits to nuclear facilities.
- Monitoring EU initiatives in the areas of energy policy; preparing associated summaries/reports;
- Developing relevant advocacy actions in those areas;
- Producing regular reports; identifying events which are important for the nuclear industry;
- Representing EU business interests in relevant fora;
- Managing working groups, including legal and others;
- Drafting position papers, briefings, speeches and presentations;
- Building and maintaining contacts with EU institutions (Commission, European Parliament, Council).
- A Master’s degree or higher in Law;
- A knowledge of the Euratom Treaty would be an asset;
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in EU environmental & energy policies;
- Good knowledge of the European energy landscape;
- A good understanding of the functioning of the EU institutions;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to assimilate the various aspects of an issue rapidly;
- Ability to transform technical input into political messages and adapt to the audience;
- Ability to define and lead lobbying strategies;
- Talent in negotiation and brokering compromises reflecting the general interest of all businesses on sensitive issues;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet objectives within tight deadlines;
- Good networking and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. A good knowledge of French and of a third European language is an asset;
- Proficiency in IT tools (Office, Internet, social media);
- A pro-active and dynamic personality, with team spirit, multitask, well-organised, flexible.
Please submit your application (CV and one-page cover letter) to email@example.com with the subject line “Junior Legal & Policy Advisor” by 19 January 2018.