On 18 April 2017, FORATOM, the Brussels-based trade association for the nuclear energy industry in Europe, published a Position Paper on the “Clean Energy for All Europeans” package. FORATOM welcomes the legislative proposals and...read more
If necessary, UK should be granted an extension of Euratom provisions until new agreements are concluded
Following the official launch of the two-year process of leaving the European Union (EU) and withdrawing from the Euratom Treaty by the United Kingdom (UK), FORATOM stresses the potential importance of transitional arrangements, which...read more
This Saturday, Europe will celebrate the 60th anniversary of the signing of the two Treaties of Rome establishing the European Economic Community (EEC) and the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). The Euratom Treaty recognised...read more
Regardless of the role that nuclear energy plays in meeting future electricity demand, the global uranium resource base is more than adequate to meet projected requirements for the foreseeable future, a new publication by the Nuclear...read more
- Nuclear needed for Europe's clean energy transition
- EU Energy Proposals Must Take Nuclear Industry’s View Into Account, Says Foratom
- NEA Report Examines Impact Of Fukushima On Global Energy Policies
- Foratom advises transitions arrangements for Brexit
- AP1000 design completes UK regulatory assessment
- UK regulators approve Hinkley construction
- Japanese High Court Lifts Ban On Restart Of Takahama-3 And - 4
- "Il n'y a pas de politique commune de l'énergie en Europe"
- Foratom reluctantly welcomes new proposals to reduce emissions
- Japan’s Regulator Approves Draft Safety Reports On Ohi-3 And-4
FORATOM’s daily press clippings intend to give an overview of what is said in the international press about nuclear-related issues and does not aim at delivering the messages of the organisation.
DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions presented in the press clippings are solely those of the author of the press article and do not necessarily represent those of FORATOM.