Regardless of the role that nuclear energy plays in meeting future electricity demand, the global uranium resource base is more than adequate to meet projected requirements for the foreseeable future, a new publication by the Nuclear Energy Agency and the...read more
On 27 November, Swiss citizens voted by 54% against the Green Party’s initiative to close nuclear power plants (NPPs) after 45 years of operation. It shows that a majority of the population is confident that NPPS are run safely by nuclear operators under the...read more
FORATOM, the voice of the European nuclear energy industry, gives a partial welcome to the outcome of the European Parliament’s 15 February vote on the EC Proposal to revise the EU Emissions Trading System (ETS) for its next phase (2021-2030). If the ETS reform...read more
FORATOM, the voice of the European nuclear energy industry, welcomes the publication on 1 February 2017 of the European Commission’s Second Report on the State of the Energy Union. EC Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič’s overview of progress towards achieving the Energy...read more
- European Commission sees progress on Energy Union
- ISO-NE: New England CO2 emissions spike after Vermont Yankee nuclear closure
- UK says IAEA deal may replace Euratom after Brexit
- How the IAEA Assists Newcomer Countries in Building Their Way to Sustainable Energy - Orlando Echo
- 30 January 2017 - The Czech Republic relaunches its nuclear policy
- UPDATE 1-Britain plan to leave Euratom could delay new nuclear build
- Hanhikivi-1 ‘On Schedule’ With I&C Systems Supplier To Be Chosen This Year
- Closing Nuclear Plants Is Causing California’s CO2 Emissions To Soar
- EDF : Cession partielle sans recours de la créance CSPE
- Britain and Japan sign nuclear energy cooperation agreement
FORATOM’s daily press clippings intend to give an overview of what is said in the international press about nuclear-related issues and does not aim at delivering the messages of the organisation.
DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions presented in the press clippings are solely those of the author of the press article and do not necessarily represent those of FORATOM.