FORATOM, the trade association representing the European nuclear industry, has announced today that Yves Desbazeille has been appointed its new Director General. He succeeds Jean-Pol Poncelet, who will step down 1 August after six years. Yves Desbazeille is French and...read more
On 18 April 2017, FORATOM, the Brussels-based trade association for the nuclear energy industry in Europe, published a Position Paper on the “Clean Energy for All Europeans” package. FORATOM welcomes the legislative proposals and considers that the package could...read more
Two UK parliamentary committees and the UK Nuclear Industry Association (NIA) have recently published reports emphasising the importance of the UK government taking action in order to ensure that the nuclear sector (including new build, decommissioning, R&D and...read more
This Saturday, Europe will celebrate the 60th anniversary of the signing of the two Treaties of Rome establishing the European Economic Community (EEC) and the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). The Euratom Treaty recognised nuclear energy as an essential...read more
- Nuclear capacity could more than double by 2050, says IAEA
- The Real Climate Consensus: Nuclear Power
- Japan Report Shows Benefits Of Nuclear Restarts
- Finland wants to bury nuclear waste for 100,000 years
- Moon urged to halt South Korean nuclear exit
- Leaders urge collective effort to secure nuclear’s future role
- IAEA: Nuclear power helps scale down air pollutant emissions
- Fighting global warming and climate change requires a broad energy portfolio
- Germany’s Highest Court Rules Nuclear Fuel Tax Is Unconstitutional
- Policy change needed to raise nuclear capacity: IEA
FORATOM’s daily press clippings intend to give an overview of what is said in the international press about nuclear-related issues and does not aim at delivering the messages of the organisation.
DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions presented in the press clippings are solely those of the author of the press article and do not necessarily represent those of FORATOM.